At UCSB, the Computer Science department values the knowledge and contributions that each community member brings in their own unique way. We realize how important of a role culture and diversity play in the lives of our students, staff, and faculty. Our differences are what make UCSB excel as an academic institution. It is our mission to celebrate, invest in, and include all backgrounds in our practices as a Department. We acknowledge that the diversity profile in STEM is underrepresented, and commit to taking the necessary steps to become as accessible as possible to all populations.
to promoting and actively practicing respect, social justice, acceptance, inclusivity, and anti-racism.
to enforcing zero-tolerance towards any act of racism, bigotry, or disrespect of others because of their background or identity.
to unlearning our biases each day in order to become better allies.
to speaking up in the presence of harmful language or actions to create a safe environment for every member of our community.
to diversity inclusion practices in our admissions, hiring, and recruitment of students, faculty, and staff.
to ensuring fair and inclusive access to our facilities, programs, resources, and services.
Contact Us: email@example.com
Diversity-Related Resources at UCSB
- Bias Incident Info and Reporting
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Equal Opportunity & Discrimination Prevention Office
- Campus Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE)
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Dream Scholars Resource Team
- MultiCultural Center (MCC)
- Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity (RCSGD)