- UCSB CS alum Aydin Buluç receives DOE Early Career Award
- MIT Tech Review writes about CS DBL research
- Prof. Krintz receives NSF I-Corps grant
- Prof. Petzold receives the 2013 SIAM/ACM Prize in Computational Science and Engineering
- Ted Kim receives NSF CAREER award
- Valamehr and Sherwood win IEEE Micro Top Pick Award for technique to make it harder to steal keys from hardware
On September 28, 2010, the National Research Council (NRC) released its ranking of PhD programs across the nation. The survey evaluates over 5,000 PhD programs in 62 fields and 212 universities in the United States.
These scores puts the Department of Computer Science within the top 10 of the Nation's PhD programs in Computer Science. (and more)
Our computer science department encompasses a dynamic environment for research, a state-of-the-art teaching program, and a first-class faculty. Our degree programs help students become outstanding professionals, prepared to impact all manner of modern society through the application of cutting edge information technology. Our graduates work in a spectrum of settings, from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, as well as in government and universities. (and more)
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the College of Engineering at the University of California at Santa Barbara is seeking applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor position in the field of Computer Engineering with a start date of Fall quarter, 2014. (and more)
- World’s largest computer hacking contest happening at UCSB
- UCSB CS alum Gustavo Alonso named IEEE Fellow
- Profs. El Abbadi, Almeroth, and Belding become IEEE Fellows!
- CS Alumni head up team from Eucalyptus Systems to win 2013 Netflix Prize
- UCSB startup Eucalyptus Systems featured in “Sparking Economic Growth 2.0″ report
- Prof. Bultan serving as Program Committee Chair for ASE 2013
- New Graduate Program Dives into Emerging Fields of Big Data and Network Science
- Prof. Ben Zhao receives grant to study social network growth and dynamics
- UCSB ranks #20 in the world in Engineering and Technology
- Prof. Almeroth receives NSF grant for research on wireless networks
- Prof. Hardekopf receives NSF grant for research on detecting malicious browser addons
- More news and awards.