GUS Data Management
Computer Science URL: https://cs.gus.ucsb.edu/4DACTION/WEB_StartLogin
Connection to VPN or campus network is needed in order to access the link.
For password reset please contact Sheryl Montoya.
Tips on Travel & Reimbursement
- If you are missing a receipt and/or only have scanned copies of your receipt, please also fill out a Declaration of Missing Evidence form and include it in your reimbursement packet.
- If you are taking any personal time during your travel, please include a screenshot price comparison of your round-trip travel arrangements using the same airline/car rental company of your travel dates without personal time included. Click here for an Example.
- Air & Ground Travel - keep the following in mind when purchasing your travel tickets
- Per UC Policy we will only reimburse Coach class or Economy tickets
- Receipts must include itinerary, total cost, and proof of purchase (e.g. VISA -1234)
- You can purchase airfare through sites like Expedia and Kayak as long as it meets the above two requirements.
- DO NOT purchase package deals (airfare & rental or airfare & hotel)
- DO NOT purchase from Hotwire as they do not show a breakdown of expenses.
- Rental Cars - if you are not booking through Connexxus, please be aware of the following:
- The University will not reimburse travelers for the purchase of Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), SLI or Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
- The following car classes are acceptable for reimbursement: Intermediate, Economy, Compact
- Receipts and a copy of the rental agreement are required
- For hotel arrangements over the maximum lodging limit of $275/night, a Lodging Justification Form with a price comparison must be included in your packet.
- Please paste your receipts to the Missing Itemized Receipt Form
- If receipts are in foreign language, please provide translation of each line item.
- Prior approval is required for utilization of state funds.
- States subject to AB 1887's Travel Prohibition: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Caronlina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas.
- When submitting for a Travel Advance, please provide proof of activity & any helpful supplemental documentation.
- If you have received a Travel Advance, a Travel Reimbursement Form (at the completion of the trip) must be turned into Financial Services as well.
- Travel advance request form
- Request for Travel Approval
- Prior & Exceptional Approval Worksheet for Entertainment
- Blanket Prior Approval by Approving Authority
- Lodging Justification Form
- Domestic Travel Reimbursement Worksheet
- Foreign travel reimbursement worksheet
- Declaration of missing evidence form
- Entertainment Reimbursement Form
- Miscellaneous Reimbursement Form
- Membership reimbursement form
- Wire/Draft Information & Authorization Form (must be typed, bank fees apply)
- Academic Senate Faculty Travel Grants (travel funding for "presenting and discussing novel research results or creative work")
- Foreign per diem rates
- Currency conversion
- UCSB Business & Financial Services, Travel & Entertainment site
- UC Connexxus Travel Portal
- BUS- 79 Appendix B for Hosted Events
- BUS- 79 Appendix A for Meals
- BUS- 79 Appendix C for Quantity Purchases