UCSB COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE PRESENTS:
2012 SENIOR CAPSTONE PROJECT PRESENTATION DAY
THURSDAY, JUNE 7, 2012
TIME (full event): 9:00am to 4:00pm
LOCATION: Engineering Science Building (ESB) — Room 1001, Room 2001, and Courtyard
CS HOSTS: Chandra Krintz (CMPSC 189A) and Tim Sherwood (CMPSC 189B)
CS SPEAKERS: Computer Science 189A/B Seniors — 9:00 to 1:00pm
TITLE: 2012 Capstone Project Presentation Day Event and Schedule (CMPSC 189A/B, ECE 188A/B, and ECE 189A/B) — Full Event Schedule
CS 189A/B, ECE 188A/B, and ECE 189A/B students present their final projects from the two quarter courses
- MORNING Session (9:00a-12:00p): Computer Science 189A/B (ESB 1001) and Electrical & Computer Engineering 188A/B (ESB 2001)
- LUNCH Session (12:00-1:00p): Poster Session in the ESB Courtyard — Free Pizza sponsored by Citrix Online
- AFTERNOON Session (1:15-4:00p): Electrical & Computer Engineering 189A/B (ESB 1001)
MORNING SESSION (9:00a-12:00p): Computer Science 189A/B (ESB 1001)
- Team NULL (9:00): tool to determine if an App found in the App store is malicious or not. Group – Yulia Dubinina (lead), Jasper Fredrickson, TJ Koblentz, Victor Moreira.
- AiR Games (9:30): Augmented Interactive Reality Games — design a suite of games using the Qualcomm Augmented Reality SDK. Group – Nataly Moreno (lead), Spencer Bolton, Sean Chen, Erik Villegas.
- Kinect2VR (10:00): combine the 3D capabilities of WorldViz’s head mounted display (HMD) with the motion capture technology of the Kinect to create a virtual environment. Group – Jon Chu (lead), Andre Abrahamian, Matthew Garcia, Alex Hsu.
- We’reTheBest (10:30): development of a large-scale data comparison widget for users to embed onto their websites. Group – Dillon Kearns (lead), Roger Chang, Joni Rae Lopez, Cindy Lu, Josh Van Blake.
- Team RDRE (11:00): speeding up of image processing techniques, specifically image re-targeting by transferring the complex computation done on the CPU to the GPU. Group – Roger Ngo (lead), Derek Ho, Robert Hsu, Evan Goad.
- NOCK (11:30): an autonomous system consisting of the Microsoft Kinect mounted on a mobile robotics platform. Group – Kenneth Bedolla (lead), Andres Barajas, Roy Handelsman, Lane Meier.
LUNCH SESSION (12:00-1:00p): Poster & Free Pizza Session in the ESB Courtyard
AFTERNOON SESSION (1:15-4:00p): Electrical & Computer Engineering 189A/B (ESB 1001)