Welcome to my personal web page!
I am a 3rd year PhD Candidate at UCSB and proud member of the Research on Adaptive Computing Environments lab (aka RACE lab) exploring the world of cloud computing! I am being advised by Professor Chandra Krintz and Professor Rich Wolski.
Before joining UCSB, I got my BS in Informatics and Telecommunications from the National University of Athens and my MsC in Computer Science from the Athens University of Economics and Business. I worked for around 4 years as a web developer and search engine marketing specialist at Atnet and spent 1 year doing my compulsory military service in the Greek Army.
News & updates
- January 2014: Received an Outstanding Teaching Assistant award for teaching CS189b, during Spring quarter 2013 at UCSB
- December 2013: Passed the Major Area Exam and advanced to candidacy.
- 2011 - Only God Knows, PhD Student at University of California Santa Barbara, Computer Science Department
- 2005 - 2007, Department of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Business, M.Sc. in Computer Science
- 2001 - 2005, Department of Informatics and Telecommunications, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- June 2012 - September 2012 Software Engineering Intern, Ask.com
- March 2009 - August 2011 Head of Search Engine Marketing Department, Atnet Communications S.A.
- September 2008 - February 2009, Developer, Greek Army Information Technology Support Corps
- April 2008 - September 2008, Developer, Greek Army Research & Informatics Corps
- September 2006 - February 2008, Web developer, ATnet Communications S.A.
- Spring 2013: Capstone (Course 2 of 2): Software Development and Testing (CS189B), Teaching Assistant
- Winter 2013: Capstone (Course 1 of 2): Software Engineering and Prototyping (CS189A), Teaching Assistant
- Fall 2012: Introduction to Computer Communication Networks (CS176A), Teaching Assistant
- Spring 2012: Problem Solving with C (CS16), Teaching Assistant
- Winter 2012: Problem Solving with C (CS16), Teaching Assistant
- Fall 2011: Object-Oriented Design and Implementation (CS32), Teaching Assistant